Mail Enable Installation And Packages
- First Of All Installed These Packages from Add Roles and features Then press again next on server selection press again next and server roles check these rolesThen Press Next and Feature Menu Installed These packages
Configure Active DirectoryOnce the AD DS role is installed the server will need to be configured for your domain.
If you have not done so already, Open the Server Manager
from the task bar.
- Open the Notifications Pane by selecting the Notifications icon from the top of the Server Manager. From the notification regarding configuring AD DS, click Promote this server to a domain controller.
- From the Deployment Configuration tab select Add a new forest from the radial options menu. Insert your root domain name into the Root domain name field, and then click Next.
- Select a Domain and Forest functional level, and then input a password for the Directory Services Restore Mode (DSRM) in the provided password fields.
- The DSRM password is used when booting the Domain Controller into recovery mode.
- Note: The selection made here will have lasting effects to features and server domain controller eligibility. For further information on Domain/Forest functional levels, see official Microsoft documentation.
- Review the warning on the DNS Options tab and select Next.
- Confirm or enter a NetBIOS name and click Next.
- Specify the location of the Database, Log files, and SYSVOL folders and then click Next.
- Review the configuration options and click Next.
- The system checks to ensure all necessary prerequisites are installed on the system prior to moving forward. If the system passes these checks, proceed by clicking Install.
- Note: The server automatically reboots after the installation is complete.
- After the server reboots, reconnect to it via RDP. Congratulations on successfully installing and configuring a Active Directory Domain Services on Windows Server 2012.